The Small Property of the Year Award (100 rooms or fewer) recognizes a property’s impact on the lodging industry, be it as a new property, by making a significant turnaround as an existing property, or by being a model of stability for others to follow.
2017 Small Property of the Year:
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Thief River Falls
AmericInn Lodge & Suites is located in the small town of Thief River Falls in northern Minnesota. The 49-room hotel has a cozy feel to it with a high-vaulted fireplace lobby and a “home-style” breakfast served each morning. Each room is equipped with a TV, refrigerator, coffeemaker and docking station for an iPhone or iPod.
The AmericInn Lodge & Suites generously gives back to its community of 9,000. The staff at the hotel participates in several community events throughout the year including wrapping Christmas presents for children in the county, organizing a coat drive every fall for the homeless shelter, as well as participating in Random Acts of Kindness throughout the year. The hotel is one of the largest
local sponsors of Thunder on Hooves, an annual bull riders’ event, at the county fair. The property is also a part of the AmericInn Cares project, collecting funds for the Give Kids the World Village, which gives gravely ill children free passes to participating theme parks along with free accommodations.
General Manager Barbi Larson is co-chair of the Thief River Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau. The AmericInn Lodge & Suites Thief River Falls received JFS Development’s Property of the Year award.
- University Inn, Minneapolis (2016)
- Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit (2015)
- Czech Inn, Hayward (2014)
- South Pier Inn, Duluth (2013)
- Afton House Inn, Afton (2012)
- Water Street Inn, Stillwater (2011)
- Loken’s Sawmill Inn & Suites, Houston (2010)
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites, North Branch (2009)
- Waller House Inn, Little Falls (2008)
- AmericInn, Mt. Iron (2007)
- AmericInn, Madelia (2006)